When the birth of his first child is approaching, unstable Dennis must face the loss of his father who died at a young age to come to terms with himself.
In Dwight Fagbamila's debut-film Ibinu we meet young Dennis who just when the world is opening up to him is confronted with approaching fatherhood. This opens gates to dark places in his mind, feelings that he hasn't coped with since the death of his Nigerian father. In a cinematic journey we explore complex theme's such as parenthood, guilt, suppressed racism, alienation and identity.
Due to the covid-19 crisis we unfortunately have had to postpone the shoot after day 9 until further notice.
- Status: in production
- Length: 90' min
- Release: TBA
- Genre: drama / magic realism
- Yannick Jozefzoon
- Joy Verberk
- Director: Dwight Fagbamila
- Screenwriter: Dwight Fagbamila & Kim Kokosky Deforchau
- D.O.P.: Aziz Al-Dilaimi
- Production Design Robert van der Hoop
- First A.D.: Ina van Beek
- Production Manager: Mireille Rooijendijk
- Sound Design: Hein Verhoeven
- Editor: Emiel Nuninga
- Producers: Maarten van der Ven l Layla Meijman